Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Making Fiends, etc.

I'm going to start posting on a regular schedule-- every Wednesday-- and I'm going to try to have thoughtful, insightful posts every time, but today my thoughts are pretty random.

I love this site. Ah, the joy of silly Flash animations. With bizarre quirky humor. I was hooked as soon as I read the FAQ.

Poor Vendetta, reluctantly headed toward heaven on a road paved with bad intentions. She tries so hard to make Charlotte suffer, but only succeeds in amusing her.

Speaking of suffering... we all know that Disney took "The Little Mermaid"-- a Hans Christian Andersen story with a depressing ending-- and made it into a bouncy, uplifting story with a Disney Happy Ending (TM). I can't help but wonder if they can do the same to "The Little Match Girl." After all, it's a Hans Christian Andersen story with a depressing ending, too. Come on, guys! Give it a try!

Seriously. When you read a story in which the entire plot consists of a homeless child sitting outside in subzero weather, trying to sell matches, and lighting them one by one to keep warm until she runs out of matches and freezes to death-- you just have to wonder if Disney is up to the challenge.

(Aw, come on! Disney can do anything!)

No comments: