Sunday, March 13, 2011

Editing of the site

Well, after much trial and error on the Bluehost control panel, I've managed to get JohnAndErikaSpeak set up with the Nucleus CMS, like the rest of the site. I don't know why I so enjoy misusing blogging software to make static webpages, but Nucleus is the only content management system I've found that is truly intuitive to me.

Once it gets set up properly, that is. Getting it installed and running in the first place, that's another story. I guess I know just enough about coding to get myself into trouble, but not enough to get out. I had a heck of a time figuring out an error that happened after I tried upgrading my installations of Nucleus through the Bluehost control panel... I guess you pretty much have to upgrade them through Nucleus's website if you want it to work.

But anyway, new JohnAndErikaSpeak page! The calendar link there now leads to a page with our Google calendar embedded on it, and the news link leads to the ErikaHammerschmidt.com news blog, so there are fewer things I have to update when we have news. And Nucleus is flexible, so I can add more stuff to the site later if I want to. Maybe someday even a forum that guests can post in.

No comments: