Friday, April 08, 2011

Nook problem solved

OK, everyone, I figured out the Nook problem mentioned in my previous post.

The sample chapter you can download from the Kea's Flight Nook listing is unreadable on my computer, but when I downloaded the Nook app for my iPod Touch and opened the sample on that, all the text was perfectly readable. Apparently when they make the sample, they make it so that only Nook software can read it.

Weirdly, the starship diagram on page three was only partly visible when reading the sample on the iPod Touch Nook app, but it was fully visible when using the Nook preview software, prior to listing the book. So I can only assume that it was cut to fit on the small screen of the iPod Touch, and it would show up fine on an actual Nook. (If you want to read Kea's Flight on an iPod Touch, it makes more sense to get the epub from Lulu anyway. The Kindle edition works too, if you have the Kindle app for your iTouch.)

No comments: