Friday, August 19, 2011

Analog

Kea's Flight has been reviewed in Analog magazine!

I had sent in a review copy and been told that it might be reviewed in the October issue... and just today I found out that the October issue has been out for a while (things are a bit strange that way in the world of magazines) and it does contain a review of our book.

It's a positive review, comparing us to Heinlein and Asimov (wow!)... though it doesn't get all the details of the story right, and it questions whether the paperback is worth $26.99. Heck, I don't think the paperback is worth that much... Lulu makes me charge that much if I want it to have an ISBN and be sold in print on Amazon. That's why I have the alternative $15.00 paperback edition that doesn't have an ISBN and is sold only on Lulu. And, as the review says, the $3.89 ebook version is well worth it.

Anyway, I'm delighted that it got in, and I'm realizing this may have played a bigger part in the recent uptick in sales than the review on "Science Fiction and Other ODDysseys." Still, I'm grateful for both, and so happy that people like our book!

No comments: