Thursday, July 12, 2012

So... I'm 31.

My birthday was last month. Thirty-one. The prime of life.

Last year was a multiple of ten, year before that was also prime, year before that was perfect, year before that was a cube. I'm in a wonderful streak of cool numbers. Next year's a power of two, then comes a palindrome.

My next birthday party will probably be binary-themed: "Welcome to Erika's 100,000th b-day! Let's all get to second base!" or something. I dunno. I have almost a year to plan it.

This one was a great party. It was Doctor Who themed: Jelly Babies and Jammy Dodgers and fish sticks and custard and a TARDIS cake and five pizzas-- two cheese, one pepperoni, one sausage, and one "Dalek Supreme," which was a pepperoni-and-sausage pizza shaped like a Dalek, with the pepperoni arranged like Dalek bumps. (They weren't as visible as I might have liked; baking the pizza resulted in the cheese and the pepperoni becoming almost the same color. I'll have to experiment with different kinds of bumps next time I try making a Dalek pizza.)

Latest non-ridiculous news in our lives: we're buying a condo! Next party will probably be in a much nicer place than this one. But I'll add more updates when I know all the details.

No comments: