Wednesday, April 04, 2007

There is no other holiday with dates this crazy.

When is Easter? It takes a 1,248-word article to answer that question. I especially love the distinction between an "ecclesiastical" full moon and an "astronomical" full moon. Some people are verrrrrry strange...

Speaking of dates, I'm bringing oatmeal-date cookies to this year's family Easter party, in addition to oatmeal-raisin and oatmeal-chocolate-chip. I hope they turn out well. I've never made them with dates before, but I figure I need some use for the chopped dates I bought in honor of Palm Sunday.

(I also bought a coconut, which wasn't even ripe and was absolutely impossible to eat, earning me a lot of teasing from the husband, especially since Palm Sunday is named after date palms and has nothing to do with coconut palms. But I was in a silly mood. That's my excuse for most insane things I do, and it usually works well.)

No comments: